Corn Maze (Watkinsville Only)
Grab your family and friends! Leave the house, television, and video games behind, and GET LOST in our 8.5 acre corn maze! While you’re making your way through the maze, you can try to solve clues that help you find your way out! We also have staff throughout the maze to help you out if you are directionally challenged! You can try to figure out the brainteaser cornundrums scattered along the way or just enjoy the company of your friends as you stroll leisurely through the corn!
No Outside Food Allowed
All Forms Of Payment Accepted at Admissions, Concessions, Etc.
What is this year’s MAZE design ALL ABOUT?!
This year’s maze design is very special!
The outline of Georgia and Africa highlights how Washington Farms and YOU, our loyal customers, HELP SUPPORT incredible organizations around the world, specifically Kupendwa Ministries in Uganda, Africa!
Kupendwa is a non-profit organization that was founded and started by John & Donna Washington’s oldest daughter, Amy!
Amy grew up on the farm here in Georgia, but after graduating from the University of Georgia in 2009, she took a short-term trip to Uganda, where her heart was broken over the starvation, poverty, and need that she saw first hand. It forever changed her life!
She moved there permanently in 2011 as a single 24 year old and began taking young teenage girls in crisis pregnancy situations into her home! She realized many people talk about the orphan crisis in Africa, but discovered that no one was doing preventative work to save the mothers dying in childbirth. She also learned that many of those mothers dying were 12-18 yrs old.
Today, she has 2 Maternity Homes with 30 teenage mothers and their babies and has adopted 8 Ugandan children of her own! John & Donna Washington go to Uganda to help their daughter and her ministry at least once a year, and of course, they love playing with their Ugandan grandchildren!
Amy is coming to Athens, Ga to speak on November 13th, 2017!
For more information or to purchase tickets, please click here!
To read more about Amy Washington and how she moved to Uganda by herself as a single 24 year old and started this incredible ministry – Pick up a FREE Kupendwa Newsletter at Washington Farms
or go to www.Kupendwa.org.
What’s Special About Our Maze
- Our corn maze is designed each year with a different theme!
- There are approximately 1.5 – 2 miles of paths through the corn maze!
- We have clues throughout the maze to help you find your way. If you correctly answer the clues, it will send you in the right direction. If you don’t get it right, you will be heading in the wrong direction and will most likely pass by the same clue again!
- There are two bridges that are above the corn and part of the maze design. As you cross the bridges you can see over the maze!
- To start the maze, you slide down a 30 foot slide!
- Once again, we are doing our “Maze With A Purpose”! A percentage of our corn maze ticket sales will go to Kupendwa Ministries in Uganda, Africa. Kupendwa Facebook.
- We have staff throughout the maze to help you if you are directionally challenged!
- We also have ‘Corn’undrums through the maze which are brainteasers where you can try to guess the picture! They are a lot of fun, and if someone is having an especially hard time solving one, it is always fun to see them finally get it and say, “Ohhh! I get it now!”
Tips For Your Trip Through The Maze
- The maze can be hot during the day. Be sure to bring or buy some water!
- The corn maze has a new design each year!
- We are a family run farm, and we have many families with young children that come out to the farm. We ask that you show consideration for others while on the farm and respect our no alcohol, smoking, or bad language policies. If you have been drinking, you will not be permitted in the maze or on the farm. No refunds are given.