We are excited that you are interest in joining the Washington Farms team! Right now, in addition to seasonal employees, we are looking to hire a storyteller to help during field trips on weekday mornings for our fall season from September – November. The job description is listed below.
To apply, please fill out the application below and submit it to us. We will review your application and call or email you with interview information. If you would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
Storyteller Position Details:
We are looking for someone who is interested in helping with school field trips on weekday mornings that could tell our story about how we grow pumpkins at the farm. This person would come in Tuesday – Friday morning and share with each group details about preparing the fields for planting, how a pumpkin plant matures and ripens including topics on photosynthesis and pollination. The story is geared to preschool through 2nd grade children and does not require experience with farming. We want someone who is great with children and making this topic exciting for them! We will provide all of the speaking points and pictures to help enhance the experience.
- Honest, Reliable, and Positive Attitude
- Desire to Listen and Learn
- Experience working with children (preferred)
- Engaging and Exciting speaking voice
- Ability to story-tell throughout the morning (9am – 12:30pm)
- Ability to work outside on a regular basis
- Tuesday – Friday 8:30am to 2pm (October)
- Tell story to children about how we grow the pumpkins
- Answer questions about the farm and pumpkins
- Provide a friendly and inviting atmosphere for children and teachers
- Ability to gauge interest and knowledge level of children and adjust accordingly
- Assists in any other tasks necessary across the farm to prepare for and clean up field trips