Agritourism Internship Description
Washington Farms is a prominent agritourism farm in the state of Georgia, and we are currently seeking students who have a passion for the outdoors, recreation, tourism and agriculture to join our team this fall! Our fall season starts in late September and runs through early November. During the season we offer pick-your-own pumpkins and flowers, as well as our many recreational activities such as ziplines, petting zoo, low ropes course, hayrides and more!
As an agritourism intern, you will have a variety of jobs throughout the season, and we will assign them to you based on your experience, personality, comfort level, etc. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, assisting the employee manager with various tasks, running a cash register, managing a food service building, helping customers, helping fellow employees, restocking product, running an activity, etc.
Qualifications: To be considered for this position, the following qualifications are preferred.
- Must be pursuing a degree in parks and recreation, tourism, forestry, agriculture, agribusiness or related field.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours a week with the majority of availability on weekends.
- Must be able to work individually as well as with a team.
- Must be able to follow instructions with minimal to no supervision.
- Must be able to, and enjoy, working outdoors.
- Must be very friendly, approachable, respectful and willing to learn.
- Must have general knowledge of Washington Farms and all that we offer.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
We always strive to create a fun and positive work environment at Washington Farms, but there are some standard environmental factors that come with working on a farm! The list below gives an insight into what you can expect from working outside on the farm during the spring.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to be in the sun for long periods of time.
- Must be able to tolerate pollen, dust, grass and the standard farm environment.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. (Cases of bottled drinks, bags of sugar, large pumpkins, containers of ice cream, etc)
- Must be able to drive and operate golf carts, gators, and motor vehicles of various kinds as needed.
Additional Job Information
- Internship will last approximately 8 weeks.
- Pay range is $10-$15 and hour based on experience and job performance.
- Intern will work closely with and report to Bethany Washington, Office and Employee Manager at Washington Farms.
Growth & Development Opportunities
Here at Washington Farms, we love our college students and have found some incredible employees over the years who became full-time employees after graduation. Even if you are not close to graduating or looking for potential full-time work right now, many of our students end up working all four years of college with us. We love investing in the students who are invested in our family’s farm. If you are a driven, friendly, hard-working individual you will reap the benefits of quickly being promoted to different leadership roles here at the farm, as well as benefit from monetary raises.
You will get to experience firsthand the operations of an agritourism farm and learn how we operate from training, planning, flow-of-day operations, problem solving, customer service strategies and more!