Washington Farms is a prominent agritourism destination in the state of Georgia, and is currently looking to hire a full time assistant farm manager to work alongside the farm manager and their team. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, assisting with the planting and harvesting of crops, helping with construction and building projects, maintaining general landscaping, operating tractors and machinery, etc. This position works directly under our farm manager.
This position is multifaceted. Since Washington Farms is an agritourism farm, we are open to the general public in the spring and fall for our fun activities and U-Pick options. Because of this, we have seasons that will require you to engage with customers and our part-time employees on the weekends, in addition to your standard farm work during the week. You must be able and willing to help customers and seasonal staff during the times that we are open to the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2 to 4-year degree in an agricultural field or work experience in related agricultural setting.
- Weekend and evening work required depending on the season.
- Must be able to work individually as well as with a team.
- Must be able to follow instructions with minimal to no supervision.
- Must have basic knowledge of farm equipment and farm related processes.
- Must have general knowledge or experience with building/construction related projects.
- Must have experience using a variety of tools.
- Must be able to do manual labor and work outdoors.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, friendly and team oriented.
Growth & Development Opportunities
This position was created with long-term growth and development in mind. As Washington Farms continues to grow, more responsibilities are created, and therefore more managers are needed. As an Assistant Farm Manager, the goal is for you to learn and train under the General Farm Manager in hopes of you also becoming a General Farm Manager one day as you gain more experience and knowledge about our farm!